I am studying to be a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, which means that I have to really know my drugs. Luckily, me and pharmacology are BFF’s! The study of drugs and how they interact with the human body is one of my passions, and I look forward to sharing this with you.
Lots of NPs, RNs and students HATE pharmacology (don’t worry, I’ve apologized for you, Pharm is not offended). I’ve learned that there are several reasons for this:
1) It looks difficult and science-y
2) The medications are difficult to pronounce
3) There might be math involved
4) The teacher just lists things and makes you memorize them
5) It seems unnecessary when there is an app for that
6) It is utterly uninspiring
Now, I might not be able to change your mind. It is not a mystery to me that I am an anomaly in this world. I do hope, however, that if you are having any trouble with Pharm or are looking for some inspiration, I might be able to help you out a little bit.